A funnel is a consumer focused marketing model which illustrates the theoretical customer journey towards the purchase of a product or service.
How do you track a funnel in TrackingDesk
- The funnel entry point is your landing page
- The internal pages of your funnel do not need to be set in TrackingDesk
- The exit point(s) of your funnel is/are the TrackingDesk Call to Actions
- The TrackingDesk Call to Actions numbers (how many different exit points) need to be set when you add your landing page in TrackingDesk.
- The TrackingDesk Call To Action destinations (the offer links or the the product page where the visitor will make a purchase/convert) are configured during the campaign setup.
Step #1: Setup the entry page of your funnel (landing page)
- Go to assets and setup a landing page (or use the quick action tab)
- Name, URL, Define the number of Call To Actions, Geo Target
Step #2: Setup the Call To Action URL across your funnel
Let's say your funnel starts with a question:
Are you currently trading on the stock market?
Answer Yes goes to page A
- Would you like to reduce your brokerage fees? Yes / No
- Yes goes to Page AY - Check out Broker eTrade which offers 12 months commission free account: Call to Action URL(CTA/1) goes to eTrade offer link
- No goes to Page AN - Signup for free for Trading Signal provider and improve your trading performances. Call to action URL (CTA/2) goes to Tradingsignal offer link
Answer No goes to page B
- In 2018, the US stock market performance was XX% while saving accounts gave a return of 0%. With an investment of $XX you would have earned $YY. Click here to get a free market review. CTA URL(CTA/3) goes to Market Research offer link
- User tries to close window - You popup CTA URL (CTA/4) - Goes to offer XX
Settings in TrackingDesk
- Add your Landing page + 4 Call To actions
- Add the Call To Action URL's across your funnel
- Set the affiliate networks / offer links
Step #4: Setup the campaign
At this point, you're almost done and everything is configured in TrackingDesk and in your funnel.
- Define the campaign settings (traffic source, geo etc...)
- Search for the funnel landing page and add it to the campaign
- Define the paths / CTA's
- You're done!
Step 5: Test the funnel
- Open a new browser window (clean cookies)
- Hit the campaign URL that you have generated
- Follow the funnel steps
- Check the analytics to see if all the conversion steps have been tracked.